- A well-told, fast-paced epic tale in a finished trilogy
- A sympathetic and complex cast of characters
- Most of whom are WOC including a Black leading woman
- An original world that feels like a living, breathing place
- A thoughtful treatment of race, oppression and abuse
- Queer folx galore
Then boy are you in for a treat.
I bought more plants than I meant to, but between having such fun working with Michael all day and the two neighbors who expressed appreciation for our efforts, I can’t even be a little bit sorry. #gardening
"people shouldn't have to CW $topic! $topic is nothing to be ashamed of!"
listen to us:
- we don't CW things out of shame.
- we don't ask for things to be CWed because we think you shouldn't post them at all.
- CWs are not the mark of that which should be kept out of sight.
- CWs are used so that people with particular sensitivities to a topic don't have to unfollow or block you if you post it.
- CWs do not narrow your audience; they broaden it.
we've had this discussion so many times.
Pain (-), Mental health (+)
The last several days have been pretty bad with the headache, pain up to pre-Thanksgiving levels. Also my whole spine is pissed off and crunchy, fairly reluctant to hold me up in general. But I’ve spent fourteen hours of the last five days out working in the garden. Somehow the good stuff happening outside is making me more tolerant of the bad stuff happening inside (my bones).
Clearing up the winter debris, preparing the veggie patch for the plants I will bring home from the Friends School Sale on Saturday. It’s so lovely out here. It’s hard work but I love it so much. #gardening
I agreed to wait until May 1st to start cleaning up the garden, so overwintering pollinators would have a chance to thaw out and move on. Then I had to work on the 1st and 2nd, so today was finally the day! There’s so much work to do, and I am HERE for it. Let’s observe how sore I am in the morning, shall we?
feline eye contact
The vet says Kyrie is underweight, but luckily all of her bloodwork came back great. So now we start the process of finding a food that she’ll digest better. Given how loudly she’s purring, the various options from Woody’s Pet Deli are going over well. #catsofmastodon
I am way too tired to have a good attitude about unpicking this stupid sewn bind off. #knitting
Here at Beach City we encourage you to write alt text for your images. If you can't, no problem, but if you can it will help people with limited or no vision. (Yes they are reading your toots.)
For advice on what to put in image descriptions, the Royal National Institute for Blind people has this to say about Twitter:
For more discussion:
Thanks for making mastodon a little friendlier!
Knitter, reader, pagan, feminist, @tamarisk on Twitter, trying this out because I’m mad that Nazis are a thing I have to think about on an hourly basis now.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!