Fun things you can do with a union contract that you might not be aware of Show more
- Require all management to attend mandatory workshops on intersectional feminism
- Establish a labour committee staffed by workers which must approve the hiring of all new management positions
- Require that management include worker representation in management meetings
- Require management to set aside and contribute to a fund for professional development, and have your worker-run labour committee choose how to use that fund
- Include part-time workers in the same protections as full time workers
Basically, if you can get them to agree to it, you can do it. Benefits are a huge win, but if you've got a strong enough bargaining unit you can think as big as you like.